Question water weight.

My son is 7 weeks old. After he was born i stopped drinking the proper amonth of water (switch to dt. coke and coffee). Now 6 weeks later I started drinking 8-10 glasses again now that I'm working out. I feel like I've gained weight. Is this because my body is storing water thinking I'm going to stop drinking it? Will it start to even out after a few weeks of my body getting use to it again? Will I drop the water weight?

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 10:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Take a water pill too and you will pee it out more, then you may be able to tell
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 10:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Drinking water will flush the water weight out of your body. When you eat foods that contain sodium it's the sodium that makes you retain the water. This is why drinking water helps fluh the excess weight away.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 4:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I agree with the pp, keep drinking water
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:08 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I noticed when I stopped drinking caffeine and started drinking a TON more water, and then exercising, I felt "bloated" for a couple weeks. I think it was just my body getting used to the changes. I wouldn't give up just yet. It could also be your hormones balancing out after your baby was born...
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 5:42 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• BUMP
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Keep drinking water. For every ONE soda you have drink TWO glasses of water
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:08 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Keep at thewater, if it is due tothat, those feelingsshould subside later.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2011