how long does the 3 year old broken record phase last?

how long does the broken record phase that 3 year olds go through when they talk? the repetition is gettin to be to much lol. we hardly get a word in before my daughter is off on something else repeating it about 5 times before we get a chance to say anything.

amandap1705

Asked by amandap1705 at 9:02 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i don't know the answer but my 3 yr old son does this too! sometimes its funny and then other times its frustrating, i just always try remember that he isn't going to be little forever , that he's growing SO fast. So i try to just enjoy all of those little quirks(sp)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My 3 1/2 year old has gotten alot better since he started preschool, by the time he gets home he is tired and doesnt have the energy to ask all the questions, but a friend of mine said her son stopped at 4, i think something clicks in the brain at 4 and they get so much smarter. I'm guessing you haven't gone through the WHY phase yet...thats a fun one.
    Babyxander

Answer by Babyxander at 11:35 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• haha id take the WHY phase over hearing the same thing half a dozen times lol. ok whew so there is hope thanks ladies!
    amandap1705

Answer by amandap1705 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• That's a good one. My son is 6 and he is still a broken record sometimes.
    melittler

Answer by melittler at 11:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2008