How Can I Have My Own Volume Of Poetry Published?

You all may think that this sounds silly, but I have always wanted to have my own volume of poetry published. I don't care if I make any money or not, just as long as my poems are published as an example of seeing my dream through. So I was just wondering is there any way I can have some of my poem published at a low cost?

NubianQueen78

Asked by NubianQueen78 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I had a poem published once through school.. they sent them into editing companies who were putting together a book of poems and picked one of mine. Didnt cost a thing, and I got a free copyof the book.. pretty cool.. and i love writiing, so i know how you feel about your dreams!! Im not sure how to go about it.. but I think you can send them to editing/publishers and they can decide if they want to publish it.. seems like that may be hard though.. wish I knew something for ya!! But good luck :)
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 10:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I have no idea, but I gave you a BUMP!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 9:44 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• You can self publish though a vanity press publisher. You pay for all the copies printed. Don't expect to be able to sell those though bookseller or have a ISBN number on the book.

For more info; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanity_press

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:42 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Of course, most people know about Lulu, the self-publishing company... BUT,---you could just have it printed out and bound,---one copy, by an office place, maybe Kinko's...
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 1:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2010