Formula

My baby's doctor recommened that I change from sensitive formula to senstive soy formula. My question is will the soy make her bowels hard. And if it does is there anything I can do to help it without switching back to just regular sensitive.

butterfly2880

Asked by butterfly2880 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My doctor told me to switch as well and I did it just because he's the doctor and I figured he would know what is best for my baby. So I did it and it made my sons stool really hard that it chapped his butt. I was really worried and contacted my doctor he told me not to worry about it will be that way for a week, because your baby has to get use to it. There really isnt anything you can do to avoid the hard stools :( your baby might be crancky hope this helps some. Best of luck.
    SkylersMOMMYO9

Answer by SkylersMOMMYO9 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My 2 younger sons were both on Soy formula. Yes, the stools are hard when they are first getting used to it, but they eventually get softer and easier to pass. To make it easier, I did baby massage while the stools were hard.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I had to do that with my son and it really didn't affect him that bad he was cranky for a couple of days then he got used to it and was fine. If the dr says its ok it should be, she maybe cranky for a few days then she should be fine.And theres not much you can do to help it.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2010