Is it just my local Subway store the only one doing this or is it happening at all of the Subway stores

very thinly sliced veggies.....Twice this week I have gone to my local Subway store and found the veggies sliced so thin...well there is just no way they could be thinner...they used to be on the thicker side but now the veggies are so thin that is just a waste of money to go there now

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 11:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 3 out of 4 around here are doing the same thing, they are trying to save money. I just look at the people around here and say "really"? They always add more... secretly lol
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• write a letter to the owner or see if you can find the corporate website and leave a comment there. Tell them the location of your restaurant. Sometimes they will contact the manger because the franchise has certain requirements. Can't hurt. You might even get some coupons.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• You get a footlong sub for $5...how is that wasting your money just because the veggies aren't cut to your liking? lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Just ask for extra. I don't think they charge if you just tell them to put e few more on. At least they don't at mine.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• They are probably trying to cut back I would complain or stop going there go to another Subway.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Sounds like the store is trying to save money & increase its profit margin. Just ask for extra veggies on your sandwich & problem solved. Or find a different Subway to patronize.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Today was the first time I ate Subway in over a year so I don't know. But it's possible they are cutting corners to profit more and some genius probably figured out if the vegetables were cut just a hair thinner, they can save X amount of money.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• well it depends on the sub I get some are 6 bucks for 6 inches! cutting corners is no way to do business, I mean it is a multi million dollar corp. and the owners of this Subway are not hurting they go to the tropics on vacations and just built a garage bigger then their house...and they even make their teenage son work alone after 8 pm to close up just to save money....it is called CHEAP...i can think of mom&pop type places that want to be generous just to keep the customer.

I just don't understand, just like Mcdonalds charges 20 cents for a cheese slice...the biggest food chain even ups their prices...GREED is what it is
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I noticed that at my local Subway....(here in FL) ...I just ask for a few more green bell peppers, onions and black olives....I know the guy whom works at the one miles away from me.....we live in the same subdivision and Im always running into him and his wife and kids.

I don't know if they charge you 'extra'. I tend to go there like once a month and he is always working.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 1:08 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'm not sure.. I haven't been to Subway in awhile!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 1:30 AM on Nov. 13, 2010