does it just irratated you when you tell you child not to do something and some else goes and lets him do it right in front of your face.

Lynnsae

Asked by Lynnsae at 11:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Oh yes indeed. Very aggravating!

Answer by Bmat at 11:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• yep.. but thats what inlaws and grandparents are good for
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 11:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Ohh that is very irritating my bf grandmother does that when we visit her. She thinks kids are always supposed to get what they want .

waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 11:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i hate it with the passion.
    Lynnsae

Comment by Lynnsae (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• YES! my inlaws do that all the time so i try not to go over as much as we used to
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 11:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yes and I am not above stopping my child & reprimanding the offending adult that chose to try to over ride my authority.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I can't recall an instance where it's happened to me, personally, but I'd stop whatever it was and tell my child "Aww. I'm sorry that ___ went and got your hopes up - maybe they didn't hear that Mommy just said no."
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 12:19 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yes, it would piss me off if someone TRIED to let my child do something that I just said wasn't ok, but I'm w/mom2aspclboy...I would stop my child from doing it anyways and give the other party a piece of my mind.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I can't imagine there's a parent out there who isn't annoyed by that. Or a boss! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yep. It also makes me mad when they challenge your authority over your own child. When my son was about 18 months old, we were visiting my husband's parents. My son was just getting to the point where he would get into mischief, and I could actually do something about it, so we had recently started doing timeouts. When I say recently, they hard started within the last few weeks, so it was important to keep them on track. Well, we were there, and I told him that a certain item wasn't to be touched, and if he did so, I would put him in time-out. My mother-in-law heard me, and responded, "If you do, I'll pull him right back out."

Luckily, he didn't do anything worth being put in timeout over while we were there.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:31 AM on Nov. 13, 2010