my 2yr old diarreha

she has had dirreha for 2 days straight wakes up from her naps because she had runs and is crying her bottom and vag is so so red and she shakes when i wipe her due to all the rashes and pain shes in....her poop is so liquid that it leaks out her diaper and when i took it off it just runs out of her diaper is there anything i can do to make it back to normal i hate seeing her in pain and her crying over the runs every time she goes.i dont know what to do for her shes never had diaper rash this bad for a long time.im putting creme on her every time its not getting better since the diarrhea hasnt went away

photogrypher

Asked by photogrypher at 11:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As long as she is eating and drinking she should be okay. Dont want her to dehydrate. Try the BRAT diet, which consists of bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. Avoid things like gelatin, sugary juices, and carbonated drinks. If it lasts longer than a few days OR if you see blood in her stools then you should call her Ped immediately. Give the Dr a call anyways and see what they'd say about comforting her with her sore butt. I think warm baths would help a little. Good luck and hope she gets to feeling better real soon!!!
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 11:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Put her on a banana diet right away! It will just about take care of the diarrhea. Also, make sure she has NO acidic fruits incl juice like apple or orange. This will make it worse! Give her more cheese - that has a binding affect on most people also.

As for the rash - get some athlete's foot cream and put a thin layer on her bottom during changes. It will clear it right up. I swear by it more than any other butt paste out there! Hope she feels better soon - poor baby!

BTW, I had to laugh - your title looks like someone's had diarrhea for 2 yrs! :D
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• ok, well definitely get her on some bananas asap!! That will clear up the diarrhea and I would not do apple juice again real soon. Give her body a chance to recover.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Sitting her in a warm bath a few times a day and cleansing the area gently, try not to irritate the rash too much, you should make sure she is staying hydrated (pedialyte is great along with Popsicles and clear fluids), give her some foods to help solidify things a little like bananas. I hope she gets better soon. Do you know the source of the diarrhea?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• go to the doctor. It sounds way serious. I woulnt have waited more than 3days
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 11:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i know one day i gave her apple juice?but i wouldnt think it would still be going on idk?
    photogrypher

Comment by photogrypher (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Is it the 1st time she's had apple juice? Did you dilute it with water at all? LO's don't need very much at all - at her age, I would dilute it at least 1/4 juice to 3/4 water. She might be having a reaction to it.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• yeah i always dilute with water...i put more water than i do juice
    photogrypher

Comment by photogrypher (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i plan on never giving her aj...lol
    photogrypher

Comment by photogrypher (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Nov. 13, 2010