how many people have lost the job

Asked by gianna530 at 11:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• I lost my job a year ago. I was working evenings/weekends at a dance studio. It worked out great because I worked when dh was out of the office so one of us was always with the kids. However with the economy the way it is the dance school had to close down and I lost my job.

Answer by Jessica45 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I lost my teaching position thanks to our Governor cutting funding.

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My husband lost his job several months ago. Has not found anything else yet.

Answer by elizabr at 7:55 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Thankfully my fiance hasnt lost his! There is always work for the Natural gas industry, although my fiance busts his a** working 16-18hrs a day 7 days a week for 28 days in a row!

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:17 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I did. I was at my company for 3 years and laid off in October 2008. They had to lay off everybody except the owner, HR (who also does accounting), and one c/s mgr. Everybody else got let go, even the COO. It sucked but it's been for the best in the long run. I love being home and it's giving me an opportunity to go to school.

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:20 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My hubby got laid off after 13 years of being at that job and has not found a job since and that was over a year ago. He is either not quilifed enough or over quilifed for jobs he has applied too so he's going back to school in the spring. we have to be a PA till he can get something going.

Answer by baby1love at 3:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My DH has been looking for work for more than a yr ... I literally used my last $100 to sign up for a home business opportunity and we work it together now .. He still looks for work, but nothing in site. I will be quitting my job next year and working the home biz full time w/ my hubby.

They just closed 2 of the 3 major companies in town and the 3rd one is down to 1/2 its work force. and last week 1 of the 2 grocery stores in town closed. It's sad to see so many people out of work and struggling. Some of the guys laid off have worked for these companies their whole life and now after 15, 20, 30 yrs they are out of a job and struggling.

Answer by MaryJacobs at 10:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2010