help! im getting married!

any helpful hints to keep me not sooo stressed? or any advise? ima wreck and cant talk to my fam becuase they are not happy for us

2boysmommy.js

Asked by 2boysmommy.js at 11:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Talk to your soon to be DH =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Enjoy the moment. It's special. It's only a season and will quickly pass. You want to be able to look back on it with happy memories. So make em count and remember, you're celebrating! ;)
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 11:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Sounds like you are getting some cold feet. Just remember why you said "yes" when he asked you. Remember WHY you want this. If people dont like it, f*ck them. If you are happy, and he is happy, dont worry about them. Just dont expect them to do anything for you or your DF. Its just you two against the world.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• just try to handle it the best way you know how GL and congrats!!! And I agree with WhitneyMommyOf2.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Just remember that it's OK if everything is not absolutely perfect. (There will always be something that didn't get finished or done by the wedding day.) Just focus on the most important thing: marrying the man that you love so that you can spend the rest of your lives together.
    TiredButBlessed

Answer by TiredButBlessed at 11:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Well, do you really want to be with this guy for the rest of your life? Why? Come up with those reasons and focus on those reasons. You just have to breathe and focus on what you want and go for it.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• not cold feet. i just want it to be special. i want to feel that love on my day
    2boysmommy.js

Comment by 2boysmommy.js (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Well let me be the first to say congrats!!! My family wasnt very happy when I announced my engagement either. O well. You have to just take a few deep breaths and realize that this is YOUR life! No one else can live it for you or make you happy, and you can;t live your life for others. Try to plan things out ahead of time. Don't procrastonate!! theknot.com was very helpful for me. It has lists of everything you will need. Try not to sweat the small stuff. Ik its difficult but when you actually get to your big day all of those little details wont matter that much. Have fun with it!
    tennis4lissa

Answer by tennis4lissa at 11:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I just got married in August- and it is stressful! Sorry to hear your family does not approve. Just have fun and don't stress about the little stuff. It isn't going to matter if your bridesmaids didn't have their nails done or if the piano player misses a note or two. Take in as much as you can! It's your BIG day- the planning should be fun and exciting. Get your husband to be involved. It's his day too. And I highly suggest a pair of flip flops for the dance. Make sure you choose an awesome Personal Attendant, because she is in charge of sooo much. Mine was GREAT and made the day a whole lot easier.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• When the big day comes, remember that everything is basically DONE. Have someone else take care of set up and break down of the reception hall. We had a few friends take care of it as their wedding gift (friends we knew couldn't afford to buy stuff and who would do a good job, which they did). This saved us from having to pay extra for that.
    If your fiancé will do it, have him take care of some stuff. DH took care of catering, venue, and some other stuff, and did a great job. So at least he felt my stress, and we could share the responsibilities.
    Make time for date nights during this process, during which you MAY NOT hash out wedding details! It will help you remember why you wanted to get married in the first place!
    Hang in there, it will be over before you know it!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:07 AM on Nov. 13, 2010