Why are people trolls for posting their beliefs? You can tell me your beliefs but I can't express mine?

*scratching head*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have to say, I just read the answer to your previous question where someone called you a troll right after they quoted Jesus. I think it is terrible that they did that and that is not a Christian thing to do at all. I am sorry that they did that and I don't think that was cool, nice or Christ-like. You are not a troll. They had no right to judge you and I think they need to reread the scripture they themselves quoted. What does it mean to "come unto Christ?" I don't remember him walking around calling people names and judging them...
    TiredButBlessed

Answer by TiredButBlessed at 11:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• If you are referring to what I think you are referring to, it might be the way that you expressed your beliefs. I think it's fine to express your beliefs, but I don't think it's cool to do it in a way that you know will offend others. Be sensitive to other people's feelings and be respectful of their beliefs.
    TiredButBlessed

Answer by TiredButBlessed at 11:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Isn't so funny how Christian beliefs can be made fun of, and it's ok, but as soon as you start in on anything else, that's offensive and rude?
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Your not a troll for posting your belief... but if you post a generalized dramatic question to cause an uproar among everyone... then your a troll. You have a right to believe whatever you choose, but don't make everyone argue about it.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Last I checked YOU posted your beliefs first by posting what you did, then everyone responded. You were allowed to post your beliefs, no one stopped. You put it out there, be ready to take it back.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• If you post something that you know the wording will ruffle some feathers AND post anonymously, people will suspect you are trolling to get attention. It happens a lot in the Answers groups.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:29 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Tired, you have GOT to be kidding me. It's not Christian to call it as you see it? Gimme a break. Calling someone a "troll" is no different than calling someone an "instigator". Since when is it un-Christian to voice an opinion?
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:32 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'm a bit new to CM. What exactly is a troll?
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 12:43 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• thelowlander~a troll is someone who goes around making posts to cause drama...usually anonomously.

Personally, I dont know what caused this thread but if you express yourself with respect you will get it back. If you express yourself with obvious contempt for the subject matter...you will NOT get respect in return. Its all about the details.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:46 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• thelowlander, a troll can be a lot of things on CM...but, generally it's someone who is posting PURELY to start drama, to antagonize others, to lure them into a debate, to intentionally offend or mock others, the list goes on....
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2010