dish tv, directv or comcast(dvr)

cheaper, better and has dvr? good quality??? we have comcast and we like them.. i never liked satellite. but i want dvr, they charge $15 a month and thats too much. what do you have and whats your experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i have a cable company called Cablevision and we got dvr they dont charge us for it but they are a big rip off we are thinkin bout getting direct tv so i can have my own box in the bedroom if u get dish u only get 1 box and if u want to record something in the bedroom ull have to go where the main box is to record it n to play it direct tv is better u get a box 4 each room direct tv is better.
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 11:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I used to have direct tv and i had NO complaint about the service until i tried to cancel.. then they turned into vultures. long story.. but nothing a TWO HOUR phone call and some serious bitching and threatening couldn't fix.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Also just got rid of comcast.. they were okay but none of them knew what anyone else was doing.. when i first ordered it i wanted teh basic package and i know with some companies, basic cable doesn't require a box.. so i asked and was told no i wasn't getting a box.. but when dude showed up to install, he said "yeah.. basic cable requires a box" i'm like wtf. every time i called i got a different answer about the same question... which did work to my advantage in getting the price dropped lol.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• We have Direct TV and the only complaint DH and I have about it is we don't get some channels in HD because of our area (like ABC in HD)...we don't live in a "small town", so we don't understand why we don't, when other REALLY small town do...But all in all, we're happy with them.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I live in Miami, FL and due to the Hurricanes and rains we get here, Comcast is our best option because the dishes go out when someone sneezes.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:46 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I have DISH and they charge $6 a month for the DVR and I have liked it so far and I have had directtv and would pick DISH over them
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i've had all 3 in the last 4 years. directv was awesome!! had them for 2 years. dvr had lots of memory. didnt have their hd. only thing was their bill was geting rediculous after the first year and wouldn't work with us until we were already with another company. comcast was just a complete nightmare from the beginning, never, ever will i ever go back to them, EVER! now i have dish. they're alright. their bill is a lot better for now and their customer service is alot better than comcast atleast. i would really love to have atlantic broadband. thats what alot of people have in town, like my dad, my cousin and my sister and they love it, but i'm just right outside of the limits (i live in the outskirts of town) and into comcast world not to be able to get atlantic broadband. :/
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 1:03 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i also remember comcasts dvr didn't have any memory compared to directv or dish. i can save so many movies and tv shows on directv or dish and save them to watch for later on a raindy day and was not able to to do that with comcast at all. and dish only charges a $6/mo dvr charge. i can;t even remember what directv or comcast charged.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 1:06 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Dish
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 1:23 AM on Nov. 13, 2010