• In the Spotlight:

My daughter shakes her body in a scary way...

My daughter is 9 months old and since she was about 3 months she would randomly shake her head and shoulders like she had a shiver (which is why I never took her to the Dr.). Lately though she's doing it like 4 or 5 times a day. It looks just like a shiver but it's definitely not. I have an appt. with the pediatrician on Tuesday but I'm freaking out until then - does anyone have any guesses or has anyone been through this? I'm thinking cancer and I'm so scared - this is my baby and I'm supposed to protect her. I'm in nursing school so my mind is wandering so please be honest if you have a good idea of what it could be b/c it couldn't be worse than what is going through my head. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter does that when she's working up a poop. It might be nothing, just a tic that she picked up! Glad you're getting her checked out, though.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 7:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My dd also does that, but she does it when she goes pee. It's probably nothing, but definitely still get her checked out if you're concerned.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2010