Afraid to lose weight...please help!

I am disgusted with how I look. I'm sure I'm over 200 pounds by now. The thing is, I have a "spare tire" around my belly...a gut. It's so gross and the only thing that is holding me back from losing weight is that I'm terrified my guy will become gross saggy skin instead of disappearing...what should I do?? How can I get rid of it without it just becoming a drapery of skin???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• do it in a healthy way so you dont just drop it so dramatically that you get the saggy skin. Im not sure if this would help but i think itd be a good idea to drop it slowly and the healthy way. best of luck
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I agree with Meagan. Slow and steady wins the race.
    I'm losing weight as well, and I have the same concern. My starting weight was 261. I'm down about 25 lbs so far, and I'm going slowly, making permanent changes. As opposed to some fad diet. It makes a huge difference when you don't drop it fast. It gives your skin time to adjust. The younger you do this, the better your skin will snap back. Don't wait forever!
    I'm doing clean eating, and I exercise 4-5 days a week. My exercise is either an hour of hard ass work at the gym, or a 30 minute run followed by a 30 minute Jillian Michaels video. Exercise will help keep your blood flow going, which will help your skin (and everything else) adapt to your new weight as you lose.
    Be healthy!!! Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:38 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• thanks ladies, I feel tons better now!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Focus on getting healthy not the weight. I know someone who is 52 and has lost 135 lbs after lapband and she feels and looks amazing. The weight came off slowly, no saggy skin.
    www.mywellnessgirl.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• You need to do cardio to lose weight, and lift weights to tighten everything. So make sure you do both.
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 6:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I agree with what everyone else has said and if you need support or motivation, log into my website, read some success stories, chat with others who are or have been where you're at. They will offer support and motivation.

www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs

Lots of FREE support, chats, tips. Good luck! You can do this !
    TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 8:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i knw how you feel i need to get rid of the weight 2 but first you have to lv yourself with or with out the weight if you keep letting the fear of losing the weight hender you than you will never do it now i dnt knw how spiritual you are but fear comes from the devil and GOD says if you put one foot forward HE will follow all i can say is pray about it ask GOD to help you a good home remedy is to drink a 8ounce glass of lemon juice and water 30min before you eat that helps burn the fat and calories off the food u eat and start walking and dancing i hope i helped some good luck
    keedy603

Answer by keedy603 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• by losing it slowly
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:03 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I've seen some people lose a TON of weight and not have the extra skin... then others have it..
    I've always wondered how they prevented the extra skin. Sounds like these ladies know what they are talking about!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 5:31 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Slow & Steady! Good Luck!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:06 AM on Jan. 9, 2011