What's your favorite charity to donate your unneeded goods to?

I take mine to our local Humane Society thrift shop. They spayed our dog we rescued for us. And on top of that provided the much needed large breed puppy food for her. So I promised to donate whenever I could.

What's your favorite place to give and support.

Oh, and I also like to take my baby goods to a safehaven place locally. For mothers who made the choice to keep baby alive, but struggle to provide for them.

thelowlander

Asked by thelowlander at 12:22 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Big Sisters
    Suzette133

Answer by Suzette133 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I put clothing in the donation boxes found in store parking lots. I give other stuff to my mothers animal shelter, for they have a huge garage sale every Fall and Spring.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• We donate to our kids school. They have a Coat drive, and a Food Drive, and an angel tree. We do all three. We also have huge amounts of people we know helping them out with their one and only "fundraiser" where they sell all natural cookie dough. Bonus for us....ALL of the money goes to the school.
    kendra251

Answer by kendra251 at 12:30 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I spread it around to places that my mom usually doesn't frequent like Goodwill and the Epilepsy Association thrift shop (my youngest has epilepsy, so its close to the heart.) Mom usually goes to ARC and I don't want her buying back stuff we've given away - it has happened.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:32 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I used to give it to the Federation for the Blind but they closed up the closest place to me. So usually Salvation Army or Good Will. Sometimes the Veteran's
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Good ideas
    thelowlander

Comment by thelowlander (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Usually Goodwill because it's not too far away but sometimes Deseret Industries.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 12:50 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• food shelf and the local thrift store where all proceeds go to purchase new medical equipment for the hospital and nursing home
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Salvation Army
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:39 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Vietnam Veterans of America is my favorite charity to donate to.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2010