Let's be honest... adult content

I know a lot of you in here think your husbands are awesome and that's great but truth be told, they are the exception not the norm. My husband is a cheating, uncaring, unaffectionate ass and at this point, after 20 years of this man I'm thinking of becoming a nun or a lesbian neither of which is very appetizing. I'm 45 y/o and in great shape. I look like I'm 35. I don't drink, don't each much and have never relied on a man to maintain me. So, are their any real good sexy men out there that are worth my time or should I either stick to the shit I have or do the nun/lesbian gig?

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:35 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I feel you. But, I wish there was any worthy man out there for you or I. LOL
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Of course.... There is always a yin to the yang :) My DH and I are complete opposites. We fight a lot, we argue even more.
    kendra251

Answer by kendra251 at 12:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I say if you're being treated so poorly dump his ass and go do some things you wish you could be doing right now. Like if you want to travel, or experience a night club, date a younger man or bungee jump, I'm just throwing ideas out there. Go have fun and live it up, we're only here so long and if this man doesn't appreciate you, don't waste your time.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:44 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I honestly don't think good men are the exception, I mean there are lots of crappy wives out there too but that doesn't mean most women are crappy. If he treats you this poorly, you feel this bad, and you see no hope of things getting better then I don't see why you stay in the marriage. If a good guy is what you want then you are never going to find him while you are still married because good guys don't go for married women and they usually wait until the lady has been single a while. Besides it sounds like you need some time to remember what it is like to be happy again and reestablish who you are.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• guess it couldnt hurt to look.....maybe....
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• good men are hard to find but i heard they are out there. be patient; good things come to those who wait ; at least thats what i have heard
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 12:39 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yeah...the good things come to those who wait is a myth up there with Santa Clause.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Comment by ShouldHaveLeft (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• That's all good and fine...I can deal with arguing and even fighting but I don't do either and the asshole cheated on me last year...hell he tried to have a relationship with a nasty ass disgusting looking women that had more frequent flyer miles than Delta.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Comment by ShouldHaveLeft (original poster) at 12:41 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Sorry you married an ass. Try going out with your girlfriends and see what's out there but don't be in such a hurry to be in a new relationship. Heal yourself and your pain before dumping all that on the next man, or woman. They might be a good one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I gotta be honest with you....Are you listening to how you talk about him? If you talk TO him the same way you talk ABOUT him, then no wonder he doesn't care. I know that sounds harsh, but think about it. Do you treat him like a pathetic, ugly loser? Do you tell him his hobbies are stupid, but then complain that he never wants to do anything with you? I would think after being married for 20 years you would have figured out that your union isn't all about you and your needs. I think you need to sit down and have a good long look in your spiritual mirror..then, sit your husband down. Ask him if he wants to make your marriage work. If so, then apologize for your share of the fighting and misunderstandings, and tell him that from this day on, you want things to be different for you two. Tell him you love him.. and then leave the rest up to him. I also recommend you read "The Love Dare". Great book, helped save my marriage.

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:00 AM on Nov. 13, 2010