any one afraid to get married because they have been cheated on?

and dosent want to get hurt? i have never been married and have been cheated on so i have built a steel wall around my heart so to speak. anyone have felt the same way?

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I tell you what...once this marriage is over I'll never get married again. As a matter of fact, the next man I meet will be tossed out with the dirty bath water at the first hint of anything I may dislike. I've put up with to much bullshit to even consider it again. Good luck and trust no one!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:39 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i dont think i will eva get married..be cheated on b4 and my SO now i dont see us eva gettin married and we been togetha for 4 1/2 yrs

honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i have been hurt in the past so right now i look at new relationships as;;;; guilty until proven innocent. this may be the wrong way of looking at it but my wounds are still fresh and they will take along time to heal.
    maya123

Comment by maya123 (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I have never been cheated on (not many different relationships anyway) but I could see why you would feel this way. I think trust would be a major issue and I would never remain with a guy that cheated. They do it once, they can do it again. There are just things that an "I'm sorry" just wouldn't cut it.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 6:36 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No, I was cheated on in a past relationship for 3 years. I told myself then that I wasn't going to date any one any time soon after that. I began dating my husband about 6 months later. It was apparent right away that he was nothing like my ex and he is a wonderful, faithful, hardworking, loving husband! They are not all the same and I hope you find a good catch too. Best of luck.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:13 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• No... I was cheated on my by my Ex - fiance after being together for 6 years. He was sorry and wanted to get back together, but I would never stay in a relationship where I do not trust someone.

After that experience, I picked better guys to date and married a great guy. My DH can make me mad sometimes, but I do know that faithfulness is one of his core values. And although I would not be so naive as to say "it would never happen". I do trust him 100% and the chances of he cheating are way less.

For guys to avoid...my Ex had a casual relationship with the truth, had many friends that cheated and it was fine in their group, frequented strip clubs, flirted constantly "sales guy", worked crazy hours in bars, was Mr. Show Boat. My DH is honest and in his group of friends, even the guys would say cheating was wrong so if they are doing it they wouldn't BRAG.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 9:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2010