Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump


i just found out yesterday that my daughter is in a foster home. i was 16 when i had her n i wasnt really ready to be a mom so i gave my rights up to my ex grandparents and i stayed intouch with them and seen my daughter almost every week but my ex wanted her back n moved to another state i got intouch with them and they moved to another state n i come to find out my daughter told the drs that my exs girlfriend was touching her down there and abusing her my exs girlfriend or should i say ex is now in jail. the thing im asking is how do i get her back from another state?

Answer Question

Asked by yankeegirl87 at 12:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 15 (2,031 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • talk to a lawyer?

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

  • oh wow, get a really good lawyer. start researching that states laws on it and find out what you need to do, but ti sounds like its going to be quite a long batle ahead of you. good luck and i really hope that you are ablle to get her back.

    Answer by momslikeme366 at 12:54 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

  • thank you

    Comment by yankeegirl87 (original poster) at 12:55 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

  • I agree, a lawyer would be the best place to start at. Good luck!

    Answer by mommy_bink at 12:57 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

  • what happens if you cant get a good lawyer

    Comment by yankeegirl87 (original poster) at 12:59 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

  • go to you local child protective servics tell them your story and maybe theycan help you find any legal services

    Answer by aitson at 8:58 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

  • since she is in foster care, it shouldn't be to hard. go to dcf and they will prob be able to help you

    Answer by JLS2388 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.