HELP?

i just found out yesterday that my daughter is in a foster home. i was 16 when i had her n i wasnt really ready to be a mom so i gave my rights up to my ex grandparents and i stayed intouch with them and seen my daughter almost every week but my ex wanted her back n moved to another state i got intouch with them and they moved to another state n i come to find out my daughter told the drs that my exs girlfriend was touching her down there and abusing her my exs girlfriend or should i say ex is now in jail. the thing im asking is how do i get her back from another state?

yankeegirl87

Asked by yankeegirl87 at 12:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• talk to a lawyer?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• oh wow, get a really good lawyer. start researching that states laws on it and find out what you need to do, but ti sounds like its going to be quite a long batle ahead of you. good luck and i really hope that you are ablle to get her back.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 12:54 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• thank you
    yankeegirl87

Comment by yankeegirl87 (original poster) at 12:55 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I agree, a lawyer would be the best place to start at. Good luck!
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 12:57 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• what happens if you cant get a good lawyer
    yankeegirl87

Comment by yankeegirl87 (original poster) at 12:59 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• go to you local child protective servics tell them your story and maybe theycan help you find any legal services
    aitson

Answer by aitson at 8:58 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• since she is in foster care, it shouldn't be to hard. go to dcf and they will prob be able to help you
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 13, 2010