Do you think birth order theories are accurate?

Have you read the books? What do you think? Is it truly important not to mess up the birth order while fostering or adopting? Thoughts?

thelowlander

Asked by thelowlander at 12:56 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I haven't read the books, but the stuff I've read about birth order seems to be pretty true. The first seems to be the bossy one, the baby is always the baby, etc. There are definitely personality traits associated with birth order that seem to be pretty consistent.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I agree musicpisces. I don't take it all seriously and let it rule things. However in regards to the fostering and adoption issue. I don't know if it would matter. They are who they are born to be. All of our traits are good/bad. The bossy one is a born leader. The baby is loving and affectionate. The middle is usually quiet but they are observant and know whats going on. So play up the positives of each child and gently help them with the negatives.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 8:37 AM on Nov. 13, 2010