Do you pack lunch for your hubby? I need ideas....

So I need ideas for my hubbys lunch... He works outdoors so heating it up isnt an option and he's tired of sandwhiches!
Anything that you make thats a hit?! thanx

LadyofIvory

Asked by LadyofIvory at 1:24 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I always send him with leftovers
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 1:37 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Could you do hot lunch if it's in a thermos and heated up before he goes to work? That is how I send my son to school with leftovers.
    TiredButBlessed

Answer by TiredButBlessed at 1:42 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My husband is perfectly capable of packing his own lunch. Just as I pack my own.
    BUT, I do pack my son's. Get a thermos and pack hot stuff. OR they now make these bowls that you microwave in the morning and it's supposed to keep it warm for hours.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:46 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I have a huge list of bagged lunch ideas. Send me a message if you would like a copy.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:43 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'll take a copy. If the kid's decide to pack I have many choices.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 2:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Use different kinds of breads, and rolls, even croissants are good for a change. At my local grocery-in the bakery dept, even if they have them packaged in 6 or 8, if I ask, they will package them in one or two in a package, or mix them up in a variety pack. Try using different kinds of mustard if he likes that, or mix mayo and mustard together. I get just a couple slices of different meats and cheeses at the deli-they'll give you any amount you want. Sometimes I make it like a hoagie sandwich. I pack the lettuce and tomato in seperate baggies and dressing in to go pouches that can be purchased individually in the deli dept. (often they give them to me for free when I'm buying meat there). A thermos is great for soup and chili. Send crackers along. There's also a short, wide mouth thermos (that is hard to find-I found one in a hardware store) that you can send leftover beef stew or some casseroles or baked beans with a hot dog
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• continued
    baked beans with a hot dog cut up in it, or noodles or a rice dish, even Sloppy Joes-with the bun seperate. My dh always loved to get homemade cookies or a piece of cake, or brownies. With soups I would sometimes send corn muffins. Chex mix was also a favorite snack. Deviled eggs can be wrapped with the halves faced together, then wrapped in plastic wrap and placed inside a clean yogurt container. I just remembered that when my boys were babies, I used to save the baby food jars and send salad dressing in those. Peanut butter sandwiches, if he likes those, will make him feel like a little kid again. Does he like pimento cheese? That's good too. Next time you're in the grocery store, try to take a few extra minutes as you do your regular shopping, to really look to see what you could incorporate into his lunches that he would like. There are a lot of products that could help you change things up a bit.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Pick up some ice packs, that will help things stay cool.
    SweetLuci