would you put a fake tattoo on a baby?

I hate to admit it but i have a cousin who is 25, for years she tried to have a baby then when she did she pawned the baby off to her mom...saying the baby was changing her life to much and couldn't deal with it.....this cousin goes to her moms enough to remind the baby that she is still her mom but then sneaks off when the baby isn't looking....well now she has a facebook with all these pics of the baby, making her look like a good mom and some of the pics have a tattoo of a skull on fire on the baby..it is fake but still she is a baby and what 25 yr old puts fake tattoos of a skull on fire on their baby.

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 1:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If my son hadn't been just barely over a month old at Halloween and we'd gone with the orginal idea of him being a Biker I could have totally seen us putting a fake tatoo on him for that reason. But generally speaking I'd not, but we also don't do a lot of fake tattoos around the house. If someone buys them for my kid or it comes from the parade or something yeah probably but otherwise we're not big into them.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 2:26 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• well I feel like I shouldnt answer.. My husbands aunt gave me a bunch of cutesy pirate and sailor tattoos for my son when he was only 11 months, so I put the traditional sailor "mom" on his chest to send her a picture. It was cute, and came off with baby oil. but when my
    f-i-l saw it he flipped out and seriously asked me if it was real..
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Well, it's a FAKE tattoo. So yes, I would and have. Not sure what age we did it but they were little. It was cute, especially since both dad and I have tattoos.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:55 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• The fake tattoo isn't the problem. She's a lousy parent.

Good parents dress their babies in absurd crap all the time. I would totally put a fake tattoo on my baby. I also put her in tutus constantly. She has bright pink skull and cross bone leg warmers. Dressing her silly is a reflection on how tacky I am. Tacky does not equal bad parent.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:48 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• yeah i would, but i also dress me kids kinda odd, we almost never have socks that match (i actually went to a store that only sells mismatched socks, i was in heaven!) i see nothing wrong with fake tattoos, they come off pretty easy now. its the bad mom thing i would be more worried about.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 5:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• that is funny your fil thought it could be real...
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 1:53 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• A toddler or preschooler? Yes, I might put a fake tattoo on them, especially if they asked for it.
    A baby? Probably wouldn't bother unless it had to do with a Halloween costume or something like that.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't but I don't think it's terrible to do.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:57 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I would. My daughter had a tattoo on her second birthday, so did a bunch of other kids we know. I just don't see the problem. I wanted to get the pack with skulls and stuff, but I knew my mom would kill me so I went with the flowery girlie ones lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2010