can i dip if im 2 months pregnant?

its just a question i was wondering
i dont dip i was just wondering because my friend
did it her whole pregnancy and her baby came out fine

jmcwilly

Asked by jmcwilly at 1:48 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ewww, that's nasty!
    Think about it this way, the placenta does NOT filter out much of anything. Everything you eat, drink, breath, and put in your body will come to your baby as well. Do you want your baby "dipping"?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:54 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Tobacco in any form is full of toxins, so I would definitely say no. Additionally, the first trimester of your pregnancy is very important for your baby's development. This would be the worst time to do it, if you were going to.

Plus, you might think your friend's baby is fine, but it could have issues related to her mother dipping that won't show up for years down the road. Your baby is counting on you to provide it with nourishment and safety and it's your responsibility to keep your body healthy and clean for it's sake.
    TiredButBlessed

Answer by TiredButBlessed at 1:56 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Sometimes babies are fine, and sometimes they're not. I say, why risk anything that can up the chances of something going wrong? One of our jobs as parents is protecting our kids from what we can. This is one of those areas. Tobacco of any kind is unsafe during pregnancy. There are babies born every day that are fine even though their parents did stupid things while they were pregnant, but plenty more are born with fetal alcohol syndrome, underweight, preterm, encephalopathy, and endless other problems.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:03 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww i wouldNT
    NaysMama

Answer by NaysMama at 2:25 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I know someone who smoke and drank coffee throughout her whole pregnancy. But just because she was willing to do that doesn't mean I was going to as well. Her kids came out fine but that's not a risk I'm willing to take.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 3:15 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Why the Hell would you even consider it? I don't care how many of your friends did it...that's a freaking nasty ass habit to have anyway. You WANT jaw cancer? So not pretty. Give it up totally, pregnant or not.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 6:17 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• that does sound nasty.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2010