College Mamas: When do you find the time to do your homework?

I'm starting school this upcoming January, and I was wondering when you find the time to do your homework. I find it really hard to concentrate when other things are going on around me, so I have a feeling that I am going to have to do most of my work when my child is sleeping. I foresee a lot of late nights in my future!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in

• I CANNOT study at home. Too many other things that need to be done, and I get easily distracted. I leave DS with DH, and I go to Starbucks or the library to study and do homework. It's the ONLY way I can do it. Occasionally, I can do it after DS is in bed, but that's only when in a pinch.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:05 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I will get up before my kids get up, and then my hubby will watch them when he isnt busy. It is going to be a lot of hard work, but you CAN do it. If I have to study while my kids are up then I will put a movie in for them and study while they watch it, or while they are eating. Good luck with everything
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 2:09 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I agree it's always best to leave the house to study. I can't often do that, so I use nap time and bedtime as my study time. I also find it best to do my work at the kitchen table (where there is no tv) and I put my phone on silent. It's extremely hard to balance school and kids- and if you have a job on top of it. But you can do it! Ask friends and family to watch the kids once in awhile and use that time wisely. Get as much in as you can. GL! (It's possible- I'm in law school with 3 kids)
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 2:13 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My daycare is state licsenced and also a flat fee for so many hours per week for that month's money. So I just schedule in time to be at campus and do my work there. I've tried to come home and work from home but generally home is too distracting doubly so with the new baby in the house.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 2:39 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I pretty much work from home so I don't work on Mondays and use that day as a study day while my son is in school.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:29 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Nap time and bed time! There have also been occasions when I have asked someone to baby sit so I can go to the library to study. What I have learned when I went back to school is that you will have to do some adjusting to figure out what works best for you and your family. I kind of made a study schedule for myself when I first went back..... don't worry though, if you want it bad enough you WILL find a way to make it work.

Oh yeah, another thing I did was on Saturdays I made my dh take my dd grocery shopping- that gave me a good hour to hour and a half of study time with no distractions and got one chore off my list. Good Luck and Congrats on going to school!!!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:58 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I would set my alarm 2 hours early, and get my work done while the family slept.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I study in the car waiting for my son to get out of school (I go early just for the study time), I go to school early and study at school, I study at night and on weekends.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Only the weekend or during my lunch hour at work.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• throughout the day mainly at home i let everyone know i'm about to study
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 11:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2010