at what age should a little girl get her ears pierced?

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 2:57 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i got both of my daughters done after their first round of shots....so 3 or 4 months. is just easier to get them done younger there is way less fuss. Just go toa place that has 2 people tat do the pierceing so that both ears are done at the same time. its quick and you dont have to calm the child down then do it again .
    3hugsandkisses

Answer by 3hugsandkisses at 3:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I would wait until after she has already found out that they are there and have no intrest in them before you do it...this way she wont tug on them as much. But a friend of mine got her DD's done at about 4 months.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:59 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• you can get them after their 1st shots.i got my 2 girls at 9mths and did great never tugged pulled them out or anything my girls are now 3 and 2 and still no prob with them
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 4:36 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My husband and I both agree that she has to be old enough to take care of them first. It's my opinion though that even if she's able to do it before she turns 8 I think I want to make her wait until then to do it. We're LDS and so when she's 8 she'll get baptised and I think that would be a good time to do it if she's ready to make it an extra special event.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 3:04 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• it depends on you and how you feel about it I was going to wait but decided to pierce my DD ears when she was 4 mos so she wouldnt be able to tug on her ears and they could heal faster... however i don't judge those moms that decide to wait and let their kids decide when they want thats good too
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 3:05 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i tried at 3 months...they made me come back when she was 4 months..i personally think its better to do it when theyre that young because they wont be fussing with them..therefore there is less of a chance of infection..when dd got hers done, they had 2 ladies, one on each ear and they did it at the same time...she cried for literally 5 seconds.and i think it was more or less because strangers were surrounding her..never had any problems whatsoever!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:56 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I got mine done when I was 7. It was a very exciting day for me, so there are definitely benefits to waiting until she is old enough to decide for herself.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 4:02 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I had mine done when I was nine, so did my little sister. If I have a girl, she'll probably be around that age too. I think its better to wait til theyre older so they can decide, and take care of them. my MIL had my dh's ear peirced when he was like 4, cause her dad had his, and my dh thought it was cool. eventually he was picked on for it and he wanted it out, but he still (and to this day) had the little 'knot' & u can tell it was peirce at one point. So, even though I would never let my son get his ears peirced, Id make my daughter wait
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 4:09 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• until she says she wants them pierced
    mclib

Answer by mclib at 4:11 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I would say 3-4 months, but that's my personal opinion. My Mom had mine done at 6 wks old and I can't imagine not having my ears pierced. I love wearing earnings :)
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 6:59 AM on Nov. 13, 2010