What are some fun things to do with my husband on a tight budget?

What would you suggest?

MommyBird388

Asked by MommyBird388 at 3:00 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Poker night...but thats with some friends..Just a nice dinner and find a friend who will take the kids for a bit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My in laws like to go to a bookstore and pick out books for each other and look at things even though there's no intent to buy.
    go to a nice pastry shop and get something 5 bucks or less to share.
    rent a movie from redbox and a nice dinner, after putting the kids to bed, with bubbly (and for us that means grape juice or cider)
    take a bath together (okay so this is only really pheasable if you have a big old tub like we do upstairs)
    go on a picnic make pasta or potato salid big sandwhiches(or chicken if you prefer) some nice desert and whatnot.
    Go somewhere and just go wading in water up to like your ankles
    Build a sand castle/gingerbreat house/ ect
    Grab the camera and go around your town taking goofy pictures to paste to facebook later
    Go online and find an international recipe(s) to cook together and try to mock up clothes and pretend you're really in another country
    So that's just a bunch of ideas and hope some of them help.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 3:10 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Good Ideas;)

I know it's wierd, but I actually like to go hunting with my husband. hear me out......;)

It requires team work without speaking...for hours. It makes us in tune to one another. Especially when we scale a huge tree in the rain up to a tree stand, or work our way up the mountain and enjoying the birds flying below us.... Amazing. Watching the sunset from where few have watched it. And working together to get back before dark. Feeling safe to grab his arm and stand behind him when I get creeped out in parts of the forest. Watching animals that we are not hunting for only a few feet away..... it's amazing to hear the way they communicate.
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 3:19 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My husband works so hard I like to surprise my him once in awhile and have a pamper night set up. I usually have dinner waiting and am dressed in something cute. After dinner I run a hot bath with oil in it (to soothe) and I use foot scrub on him and then after use oil for a full body massage! It really relaxes him when I know he has had a tough week.
    m0_mommy

Answer by m0_mommy at 6:24 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My hubby plays video games, mainly the shooting war type games. I actually enjoy just relaxing and watching him play. He seems to like the audience and really seems to like me agreeing with him when the game starts to cheat a bit. :)
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 6:30 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Have a grown up board game night!
    Take turns reading out loud to each other - could be poetry or comedy
    Work a cross-word puzzle together
    Bake cookies (add a bottle of wine and this activity can get really silly)
    Long stroll together and end with hot chocolate
    Snuggle in front of a fire while playing some interesting music
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:14 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• We like to stroll around the neighborhood or at the mall. We also like to watch movies on TV or DVD. From time to time we have marathon movie day- not very often, though, because it takes most of the day.

Answer by Bmat at 9:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• we sometimes have an adult dinner and a movie night. we will feed the kids and then when they are all in bed we will eat dinner and pop some popcorn and watch a movie. we have also put the kids to bed got all dressed up and played rock band. it was a lot of fun.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 9:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I LOVE the get dressed up and play rock band idea!!! ^^^^
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 12:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• This is great! I willbe using some of these ideas!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2010