baking fun

I want to make something fun today with my 6 and 7 year old children,but i am ot sure what...any ideas? Something that is as fun as it is yummy!!

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 4:30 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• my kids love to make this:
    PEOPLE PUPPY CHOW
    12 oz. chocolate chips or milk chocolate
    1 stick butter
    1/2 c. peanut butter
    9 c. Rice Chex
    1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
    Melt chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter in microwave. Pour over Rice Chex. Put powdered sugar in a grocery sack. Take half of Rice Chex mix, put in sack, shake. Pour out. Do remaining the same. Serve in new plastic dog bowl.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 5:53 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My boys and I will be making cakes this weekend. They've got their annual cake auction with the cub scout pack on Monday. Not the "easiest" project, but the kids really enjoy decorating their cakes.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:07 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Cutout cookies are a favorite here.... so is our annual gingerbread house, but it is too soon for that.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 8:12 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Rice crispier treats or cookies. Both are very easy and fun fun fun.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 8:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No suggestion, but have fun, DS and I baked a cake last night and made our own frosting from scratch, it was really fun!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My daughter loves making pizza. We make the dough from scratch and she helps stir and kneed the dough. She even helps roll it out. She spoons on the sauce and adds the toppings. We place it in the oven and she's in charge of the timer. She's only 3 1/2 and she has a blast. It's messy and the pizza is never round but it's a lot of fun.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:45 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• my oldest likes to make no-bake cookies because i let her do pretty much everything by herself, i just watch her.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 12:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• cupcakes if you haven't made anything yet
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 2:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Rice crispier treats
    mommy223326

Answer by mommy223326 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2010