do you think it's crazy to keep closing

down schools, then ship kids here and there and just have more kids in a classroom?
do you think the kids will get a fair share of education if the classrooms are full?

and why have the empty building just sit for years without tearing it down or just improving it?

justgg

Asked by justgg at 9:44 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• No I don't think it is fair. Children need one on one time and they cannot possibly provide that when the classes are overflowing. I think alot of it is a product of Bush's no child left behind act. He wasn't funding the schools that really needed it, the ones that had low test scores so they end up closing them down and moving kids to other schools and packing them full so now none of the kids are able to get a fair chance at a good education. I can't wait for Obama to get into office and bring school standards back to what they used to be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Anon, the No child left behind Act was co-Authored by Democratic Rep. George Miller of California and Democratic U.S. Sen. Edward Kennedy of Massachusetts, which I find to be interesting.  Hillary was a great negotiator of this also.  You would need to read the information about this closer to realize that the majority of this issue was left to the individual states to duke it out.   Frankly, I don't want Washington dictating anything about our local public schools. 

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• George Miller and Ted Kennedy have served this country well for decades. NCLB is a mess becuase it's not funded properly
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2008