if you work, what job do you have?

Is it part time? Do you enjoy it? How does your children handle you working?

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 5:37 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Many moms I know have criticized me for my job...but it is working well for our family. I work full time at a motel overnights. Its great because I can make dinner and get Landon (3 months) into bed and still have a few hours to spend with my husband before I go to work and he gets in bed. My mother in law keeps Landon in the mornings while I sleep and my husband works. I get up shortly after hubby gets home and we go get our baby.
    m0_mommy

Answer by m0_mommy at 6:08 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• being a parent is a full time job imho
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I do childcare part time. Love it. My kids are older and out of the house.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:54 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I am a full-time certified pharmacy technician and work rotating shifts for a childrens' hospital. My DD is 17, so she's fine with it as she's pretty independent. I rotate days/evenings. Days, 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and evenings, 2:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Also every other weekend & holiday. It's not bad and it's what I've worked hard to do. DD is very supportive of this because she knows my job helps kids in healing and stuff.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 7:12 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• pediatric nurse - he goes to before school care and to karate after school I pick him up from karate
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:12 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I work 28 days on field and 28 off at home , im International Procurment expedating coordinator ..i wish i could have a same salary just neer home i would like work normal schedul and get home in the end of the day and have an ordinary weekend as well , but we can't have all what we want :(
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 7:41 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'm a biomedical researcher. My kids go to an after school program where they get the bulk of their homework done and have some play time with classmates. They are happy and well adjusted.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:05 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I work full-time at a facory and I love it. I just relocated and was lucky to have found this job. I will be starting rotating shifts so it will be an adjustment but the people and atmosphere is truely above anything I have ever experienced. My children are now adults. I have worked as a Cosmetologist, a home and commercial daycare provider, gymnastics teacher, kickbox instructor and spent the last 20 years in the labor fields- while the kids were growing. Raising children and juggling schedules can be an exhausting chore. For me the biggest thing was to keep my attitude and thoughts under control so I can enjoy all of the chaos and demands of whatever is going on. I think it is important to take some time for yourself - have something to look forward to. Life is too short to not enjoy it no matter what is going on. Live, Love and Laugh.... Hugs !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:09 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I am a special education teacher. My 17 month old hasn't know anything other than a working mom. He is cared for by our next door neighbor who is like a grandmother to him. My 11 year old goes to school during the day as well. I drop him off at child care before school and he goes there after school and gets started on his homework. I get to stay home on most school breaks. (It's a different school district, so our breaks do not always correspond).
    I don't make my kids feel like "Oh, I'm sorry I have to work" They don't know anything else and I don't feel guilty about it, therefore, it doesn't affect them. I grew up with a mother that had to work full time and I don't feel cheated.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:23 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I am a recruiter at a staffing agency. Some days I love it and other days I hate it. I am salary, so I work on average 50-60 hours a week. In fact, I'm about to head up there in a little bit to do some work, even though we are closed today. I think its kind of hard on my daughter. I would love nothing more than to stay home with her, but we just can't afford for me to quit working.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:32 AM on Nov. 13, 2010