what is one food item

you will and never have even tried before you ever claimed to not like it?

justgg

Asked by justgg at 9:46 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Food & Drink

• sushi. And squid and octupus. Oh, and gator tail and frog legs. lol I mostly hate the gross-sounding stuff.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i think you are hungry this morning=0)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:53 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Ohhh, tropicalmama, you don't know what you're missing by not having sushi. Not all of it is disgusting. I'm right there with ya with the damn octopus!

But I have tried calamari (squid). And I promise, you're not missing ANYTHING there. Gross nasty ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I haven't tried brussel sprouts but I hate them. Also, I haven't tried menudo. It's a soup that has tripe (cow stomach) in it. My boyfriend has tried it, but the kind he had didn't have tripe in it. He said it's quite spicy. He likes weird crap, like squid and octopus and eel. I don't know why I can still kiss the man without gagging.

Oh, and rooster testicles. I'm sorry Andrew Zimmern, I don't CARE how good you say they are, I will NOT eat rooster balls.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:11 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• oh i like calamari. yum yum. i love brussel sprouts. i would never eat cow stomach. gross. i don't eat meat, but i have, of course. i watch that show Bizarre Foods and so there are a zillion foods I could say I wouldn't eat, like chicken uterus and rotten shark. I have eaten escargot (snail) and it is so tasty.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I've tried a lot of stuff.... some I like some I haven't.
    Gator Tail is so yummy! Honestly, it DOES taste like chicken! Calamari is great IF it's not overcooked. If it is then it tastes like rubber. Brussels Sprouts...cover them in cheese and butter..they are in the cabbage family.
    Sushi means with rice...it doesn't mean raw fish like everyone thinks!
    A lot of sushi is cooked, some is raw veggies...ever heard of California Rolls?? Noori(seaweed), rice, cucumbers, avocado, wasabi, carrots, some even have imitation crab meat in them...
    Escargot is wonderful as well. It is usually served with a garlic butter on it.
    Frog legs are good as well.
    I don't care for Beets, Rutabagas, Sweetbreads ( Thalamus gland of a cow), and items like that. Not my cup of tea.

However, I'm a Chef turned SAHM so I will eat most stuff!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:23 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Caviar! I just don't see how people consider that luxury. No sushi or any other raw meats, no testicals, stomachs, or other odd organs of anything, no squid or snails or octopus. I might try gator tail or snake if it's cooked. MIGHT being the word there.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 12:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I'm with mamapotter. Never understood the whole caviar thing either.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2008