Does a catscan always show brain damage?

I've been getting very low blood pressure that I know if effecting my brain/eyes
Will a catscan without contrast show damage caused by the low by? I'm having trouble talking, reading, remembering things and my vision is very dim

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Health

• Depends on what the problem is. If a tumor or something is present, it'll show up on a CAT scan. I'm not very knowledgable about all of the issues that could be wrong with a brain that would lead to your symptoms, but I know many defects are easily seen on a scan. I think you should talk to your doctor about your question. If they've asked for a scan, it's likely they've got a guess or two as to what you might be facing.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:53 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• maybe your doctor can suggest an MRI, it's more detailed than a CT scan.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2010