My daughter just turned one a month ago, is there anything I can give her for her horrible cold?

She is teething and I'm not sure if she has a cold because of that or because of the weather. Either way, she has been congested for almost a week. You can hear it when she breathes. Her nose is always running and eyes are watery. I asked the pedi but she was no help (I'm switching doctors... a whole other story). Is there anything that she can take that will help her?

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 7:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Since you are not happy w/ her Dr., then ask your pharmacist about which OTC meds are safe for her.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:55 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No. no cold medication until 6+ years old. You can run the humidifier, and suction her out, but unfortunately there's not much else you can do.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 7:56 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Okay a few homeopathic idea for you:

1.Get Hyland teething tablets. They can be bought anywhere and are safe for her age.

2. take a few slices of onion and put it in her socks when she's sleeping. Also put a cut in half onion in her room. There has been research that the onion will draw out the sickness.

3. If the onion thing sounds too crazy. Put baby vicks on her feet.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:24 AM on Nov. 13, 2010