Is it safe to eat cooked bratwurst after they've been in the fridge for 2 weeks?

My MIL is bringing "lunch" tomorrow and these are leftover brats from a party on Oct 30. I'm a little nervous. I try to eat meat within a week when storing in the fridge. What do you all think?

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• 2 weeks seems like an awful lot of time to me. I wouldn't do it! You wouldn't want to get MIL sick (or would you? lol j/k) or anyone else. What were you storing them in?? I may consider eating some if I had kept them in a ziplock bag and the color, smell, and texture was still normal.

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't. Not unless they had been frozen. But I'm not big into meat. Maybe fix some sides like baked apples, cabbage and potatoes and fill up on those for lunch, or at least have them at the ready when she realizes how funky her sausages are!

Answer by BluDog at 8:34 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• no way!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:49 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• eww!!! no.flipping.way.

Answer by MamaJasmine at 8:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Um, NO!

Answer by mpeada at 8:58 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• NOT SAFE! Just toss them after a few daysless you didn't cook them. If you didn't cook them look for the expiration date.Otherwise toss them.

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Use your nose. If it smells funky---don't eat it ! BUT,---if you're going to eat it, I'd boil it first...

Answer by IndigoRose at 9:03 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• no. You could have froze them.

Answer by bcrazyone at 9:20 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Um...when in doubt, throw it out...that is the motto I live by.

Answer by Queenofscrap at 9:34 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No way, not a gd idea Mama.

Answer by Luisa621 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 13, 2010