When you took final exams in college, what percent of the information would you remember 5 days later?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in

• It really depends,I never remembered the terms and things that I needed flash cards for because I only needed to know most of it to get a good grade. But, I have remembered the main concepts for a long time.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:14 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I remembered 90% of it for a long time, but now, after 10yrs after college, I remember NOTHING or almost nothing.... and I'm kinda sad about it, you have to educate yourself whole life cos information expires fast and then it seems like a waste...
    KatDy

Answer by KatDy at 9:29 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Depends on the subject.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 9:35 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• depends on what it was.. like i'm in school for finance.. i promise you i don't remember even 10% of my nutrition class but 90% of my management classes.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 9:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• only the interesting bits
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Depends. I generally try t master all material. Especially History b/c that is what I teach.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• probably %0% on classes I didn't like, 90% on ones I did. But later went to Culinary School, then later on taught. I could probably take my exams today, both written and practical (a bit like Iron Chef) and I think I would do much better, because it's a passion, and I used the facts I learned, and later taught them. Though I'm now retired, I still use what I learned in daily cooking.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Oops, should have been 50% on classes I didn't like.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• You lose 50% of what you learn within 8 hours (that is of what you actually hear in class), 50% of that is lost within days. So you retain about 25% of what you learn, if you remember that.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2010