My 18 month old suddenly wont drink milk?!

Just this past week he won't have anything to do with it! I give him a cup of milk, he takes one sip and gets pissy and throws it down. He won't touch it at all until the milk is rinsed out something else is in it, EI water or juice. Even if I add chocolate mix to it he STILL refuses to drink it. How odd is that?? We have a variety of milk in our house, 2%, low fat, and whole..he won't touch any of it. It's starting to worry me because he has also just hit the stage where he is doing more playing with his food than eating. So you take out the milk as well and I know this CANT be healthy..right?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 9:26 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Milk isn't really necessary. If he is no longer breastfeeding, water is fine. Healthy fats can come from avocado, hummus, etc. You can find a listing of calcium rich foods here: http://www.soystache.com/calcium. Keep in mind that dairy can leach iron from the body, and you can have a very healthy, dairy free child

Answer by rkoloms at 12:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i don't find cows milk to be beneficial at all. most humans are lactose intolerant, they are just sooo used to consuming it that the effects from it seem normal.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2010