anyone else really thirsty in 3rd trimester?

i am 36weeks pregnant and for the last few days i seem to be so thirsty. i drink so much water, milk and even try drinking soda to get the thirst away but nothing seems to be working. its driving me nuts. is this normal?

otoole

Asked by otoole at 9:38 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've had this with all 3 of my pregnancies and it drives me nuts as well. I feel like I am trapped on a deserted island and it's 100 degrees outside! Then I suck down all of this water and feel completely bloated and like I am going to throw up lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• oh my god yes and i get really bad heartburn on top of that so i am sure all the water is not helping. thank god i am not the only one who feels like this :)
    otoole

Comment by otoole (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Excessive thirst is an indicator of high blood sugar, lay off all of the sweets & simple starches for a week, you'll feel soooo much better. :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I am always thirsty...I am 27 weeks...and I have gestational diabetes...it is a sign...I agree, watch your intake of pure sugar....cakes cookies, carbonated drinks....it might help..
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:14 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'm in my 29th week and I have days like that. I'll drink a gatorade and it seems to help me.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I felt that way and had really bad heartburn so I was always drinking milk! I went through 6 gallons a week
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I drinked alot of water and then have to pee a lot
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2010