Has anyone gone to school online for a nursing degree?

If so is it an accredited school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Money & Work

• Nursing programs require you do internships. I can't imagine ANY online nursing school being accredited. I sure wouldn't want to be tended to by a nurse who got an online degree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I agree with what above said. Once you are already a certified Nurse, I'm sure they're probably online courses you could take in that field to build to your knowledge. But not to start.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• There's required clinical and labwork that comes along with becoming a nurse, so there's no way you could do an entire college course online alone. You can't learn how to start an IV from your computer, right? There are probably supplemental courses offered online, but not a real legit degree.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I have never heard of one. You are going to have to be in hospital situations for your degree. Many of the prereqs. can be taken online. But not the sciences.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:24 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• You can do your basic acedemics online, then go to school for the nursing program.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• https://www.excelsior.edu/

Yes, it is accredited. You can take classes online or at local colleges and have the credit transferred. My mother had a 2-year RN degree and needed up upgrade it to a 4-year degree. Since she was workng full-time, she couldn't go to a regular school. She found out about this one from the hospital she worked at.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2008