Why?

do some people who supposedly claims to have God in their heart have no compassion for the homosexual population? How do they show the love Jesus taught when they judge?

Asked by older at 9:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Religious Debate

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • God loves us all!! he maid us, he does not make mistakes!!

Men are the problem not God!!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:39 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Good question... I think that some people take the idea of homosexuality being a sin against God as an excuse to be a twat... and that annoys me because that is not how we are supposed to behave. If they were really following God, they'd realize it was up to Him to handle the situation as He sees fit, not their place to be judge and jury.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My first thought, is that they do it to make themselves feel like the better human being. It's an ego boost for them to cast down a group of people while putting themselves on a pedestal.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:03 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• It has nothing to do with compassion. I am answering this based on my own issues. I have a very strong child-like faith. If you read the bible and understand our creation, then you understand that homosexuality, discredits God. God created man first. He then created woman to be a partner for man so he would not be lonely. He created us in his own image. If you have the deep love and understanding of who our God is, then homosexualality doesn't make sense. God did not create man and then another man. God did not create women first and than another women. My heart is in pain when i see so many people (two of my own children) fall into the homosexual world. I believe that our society is so messed up and dysfunctional that so people are attracted to the same sex because life is so difficult and they relate to each other better. As christians, we are taught to stand up for God, not to judge, but to teach.
    ChumpMonkey

Answer by ChumpMonkey at 10:17 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• who supposedly claims to have God in their heart-

are you not guilty of judging them, with this? aside from that, all people judge, and its not just xtians ''against gays/lifestyle'', although we know this is your hot topic. there's a difference in what you (in general) call judging, and what Christ calls rebuking sin. to see sin and not point it out to your fellow xtian, would be the same as not caring they live an unrepentant life..a full life in Christ has no room for unrepentant sin. (of course, its a waste of words to those who don't see ''sin'' as sin, or chooses to see different sins and not others.) in the Bible,  JC called out the sin in the life of the ''woman at the well'' (she'd had multiple 'husbands' and was not married to her current, etc)...was he judging her to be mean, or because he loved her and wanted her to live a 'right' life?

JMHO

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:06 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Sometimes it comes acrossed as being judgemental. That is not for us to judge. That is between whomever and God to deal with on judgement day. However, It is for us to continue to try and teach God's way. It is not are thinking, it's what is written. I know what God has in store for all of us if you believe in him and Jesus Christ. It saddens my heart to see so many people in todays society miss out on just an incredible life! If you want to know the real reason, than ask God himself. Let him give you the answers you are looking for. My prayers are with you.
    ChumpMonkey

Answer by ChumpMonkey at 10:25 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Because they are flawed. Just because they have compassion doesn't mean that they are perfect.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• It is fear. Just like when people began immigrating to America because they were being pursecuted becasue of their religion. Their home country was scared of all the new ideas people were having. I think many people fear homosexuality becasue it is going against what they see as right. It is well known that most people fear what they don't understand.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 10:07 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I believe some people are so "busy" defending god that they forget about their brothers and sisters in life. They forget about the real purpose, which is to love one another.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Because some forget that none of us are perfect, that we all are equally loved by God, and that our ultimate commandment is to love one another. Its not about who is the most "righteous" or is the least "sinful". It is about the love - the love God has for each and every one of us, and the love we are intended and commanded to have for one another.

1 Corinthians 13:1-8a :
    "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. "
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 13, 2010