Religion

There are many post on many sites about religion. Usually the primiss is that We don't need some invisible God or force to tell us what is right we need to just be good moral people. It then goes into all of the why's that other people's specific beliefs are wrong. My quest is ....Is there a way to promote your religion/ beliefs without downing another or promoting yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:18 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I think so
    Becnfamily

Answer by Becnfamily at 10:21 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• sure, you can simply say what you believe and practice. problem is, so many (even those denouncing a/any religion) feel the need to prove their 'rightness' by attempting to prove another's 'wrongness'. it fuels the fire..and adds a fan-base, which, if you think about it, makes one question the intent of the writer/speaker. is it to promote their belief, or to demote another's??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:41 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Example is the best way to do that not words that can be misconstrued,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:57 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• There is, and there are many sites that offer unbiased information about all different kinds of religions. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• yep
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 12:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Lead by example. Nothing is wrong with being passionate about what you believe as long as your not belittling someone elses beliefs.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• yep---imo we are all believers (we all believe in something, or something else--doesnt matter)
    jdmyangel

Answer by jdmyangel at 2:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Absolutely... for me I just share His love and who He is. I will not sit here and bad mouth someone's religious beliefs. That is not going to help anyone. I rather share who God IS according to the Word not who People think He is.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Of course there is. If you have a need to downplay or discredit another belief simply to add credits or legitimacy to your own your beliefs are lacking something somewhere...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2010