Is there any other mum out there doing the same?

I don't know what you would call me coz I've been shopping for maternity tops, i even went to an extent of buying clothes for the baby (unisex).Could not help it and this was like two months ago i locked them somewhere coz i was going thru them every time i was idle in the house. I want to know whether am the only one who has been doing this or whether anyone has ever done this at some point, although for my first child i bought the clothes @ 7months.

Alice

Alycyaz

Asked by Alycyaz at 10:22 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I did buy a few baby items while we were TTC with my first. Not major stuff...but if I found an outfit that was just REALLY cute I would buy it. I had a little drawer full of outfits, cute blankets, etc. that I found while TTC by the time I got pregnant. I didn't buy any maternity clothes until my second trimester.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it unless it starts leading to a lot of stress by seeing it if it takes you longer to get pregnant than you expect.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• We are on Month 7 of ttc with our first. I have not bought one thing. I guess I am superstitious and scared if I buy stuff it will never happen... And plus, we aren't telling anyone we are ttc, want it to be a surprise, so we can't really have baby stuff laying aroung the house. Good luck!!
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 11:55 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• What scared me more is when i talked to a lady friend who is already pregnant who lost her baby that she had had before, she told me she had bought everything even diapers and she had to give all away after her baby passed away at birth. She told me that this time she will not buy a thing, when she gives birth she will send her husband shopping. That made me think deeply and now after TTC for like 3 months am thinking i should have waited though am not stressed about it.
    Alycyaz

Comment by Alycyaz (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• It is always sad when you lose a baby. I had two miscarriages in 2007. But I don't think I would have given all of the baby things away. I would have saved them for the new blessing that would be coming in the future. Don't worry! You are just excited about becoming a mom again. It's perfectly normal and ok. If (God forbid) anything happens, you could save something special as a momento and use the others in the future. Pack the clothes and things away for the future. Baby dust to you momma! :)
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2010