is there anyone here that would like to help me learn about wicca?

SapphireRose85

Asked by SapphireRose85 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Reading all you can get your hands on about Wicca would be a very good way to start your learning...
    Then ask questions... then research again... the path you are starting is all about learning and the continuation
    of learning ...
    As Amaranth said before me, Scott Cunningham is a good start when it comes to Wicca, also the "Dummy" collection
    is another good way to learn...
    If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I will try to help the best I can, If I don't know the answer, I will
    currently direct you to a source or a person who may...

Blessings on your new Journey..
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:37 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Do you have specific questions? Sometimes reading is the best way since everyone interprets things differently and each path is their own.
    Scott Cunningham is a good author.

www.paganpath.com is a good resource for definations and such as well.

I could try and answer a few things but, like I said, every path is individual so I can give you my take on something but it may not be what another thinks.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• thank you so much! i appreciate it!
    SapphireRose85

Comment by SapphireRose85 (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• If you are looking for someone to teach you, as in a teacher, your best bet is to find a local teacher who can train you in person. I recommend going to www.witchvox.com and looking through their database of local teaching groups. Keep looking until you find one you feel comfortable with, I must warn you though, sometimes it takes years to find the right person.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 12:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Also give meetup.com a shot. That is how I found the Pagan groups I hang out with today.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'm not Wiccan, but I'm Pagan and have studied Wicca. I'm more than happy to help you out where I can.

Here is my "What to read" list for beginners... And if you look through the rest of my blog you'll find quite a few posts about Wicca & Wiccan beliefs & practices.

You'll also want to check out PagansPath.com, PaganWicca.About.com & BlessedBe for more information.

Magickaschool.com is also wonderful, it will take you a year to complete the first class, but it's free and a great basis of information.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2010