Did you have a pet or pets before you had kid/kids? If so did you keep it/them?

Becnfamily

Asked by Becnfamily at 10:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Pets

• Yes, a dog and a fish. Kept both of them both.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:41 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Oops excuse my grammar!!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:42 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• We had a cat. Our son started to go after the cat when he started to crawl and the cat started living in the basement. We had a friend with a big farm and he took her so she wouldn't be so stressed out.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:42 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i had a cat before my 1st child was born but i didn't keep her.. she was an inside/outside cat and very cuddly but i just didn't feel okay with her around anymore so i gave her to my neighbor who had been asking for her anyway lol. she loved cats and the animal spent half her time over there anyway.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yes, we had a dog and we kept her.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 10:43 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• We had a dog and 2 horses, kept them all. Now our dog had puppies and we kept one and we have 4 horses, 2 goldfish, 2 rabbits and one cat. Too many..
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 10:44 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yes we had and have cats before we had children and yes we kept them.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yes I had a dog and a cat and yes I kept them.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I had 3 cats and one dog before my daughter was born. Damn right, I kept them. They had been apart of my family since I was a kid or teenager an a couple cases no way was I going to get rid of them just cause I had a baby. The only way they left my house was due to old age and illness. My daughter is 8 years old now and we lost the last one in June. Kiddie was the last of my childhood pets.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yes, we've always had a pet of some kind (mainly caged pets- dh is allergic to cats and dogs.) We had hedgehogs prior to having kids and actually lost one and bought another one shortly after my oldest was born. Now we have guinea pigs. I can't picture not having pets at all.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2010