Today I am getting swabbed...

To go into the national bone marrow registry.. Do you do stuff like this? Give blood?
How do you help your fellow man?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i'd like to give blood b/c my blood type can be used for everyone BUT i can't because i'm too anemic and get sick if i do
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'm a bit anemic too......I have to take iron every day or else Im all woozy.

I help give back by dropping off cans at a food pantry, even some of my sons clothes I give to a few day care centers and shelters... and lately at my sons school.......for those in need to have Thanksgiving.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 10:45 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Thats a great thing you are doing mmmegan38!

I am an organ donor and I pray that when I go some one can use SOMETHING I have to live......that is a great gift to give once gone to help another live and pray their body does not reject it!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 10:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I donate blood and volunteer and donate items I don't need.
    Mom2_2Boys

Answer by Mom2_2Boys at 10:50 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I don't donate blood....i'm a diabetic and I tend to pass out and have extremely low blood sugar just when I have blood tests. But I adopt a family every Christmas and give food to the local food bank, donate used clothes and toys and donate coats to the local Coats 4 Kids charity event
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I have given blood and platelets before, but bone marrow is hard core. Good for you! You are awesome!
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 8:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• BIG THUMBS UP!!! that's a great thing you're doing!! :) .My blood type is RH- i want to give blood, but my vitamin levels are to low, anemic..
    LuLuMama_4Jesus

Answer by LuLuMama_4Jesus at 3:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2010