what is a good diet for a busy mom that has hardly any time to work out?

SapphireRose85

Asked by SapphireRose85 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Portion control. Eat whatever you want, but stop immediately when you feel slightly full.

Learn to like hot tea. It's good for you, and keeps you feeling full.
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 8:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I count calories. I try not to go above 1200 a day. I've been doing this since January and doing zumba and have lost 30 lbs. Almost to my goal weight.
    Mom2_2Boys

Answer by Mom2_2Boys at 10:48 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Weight watchers seems to work pretty well from what I've seen. I have a few friends who are either on it, or were on it and they say that the point system is much easier than counting calories. All have lost weight too! It also teaches you to eat healthier which is a bonus. I might try it out myself after this baby is born.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I shrank my portions, drink a lot of water, replaced junk food with fruit! I exercise but not on a daily basis. I have lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I don't like to recommend "diets" as they don't work in the long run, trust me, I've tried them all! lol  I have a journal post with lots of useful information and tips to get you started. I recommend interval training at home for those that don't have time to work out. I've explained it more in my journal. Hope you find it helpful:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:53 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• yes, i agree with weightwatchers online. you can do everything online and never even have to meet up with a weight counselor or do weigh ins at their offices. after i had my third i joined and lost eight pounds the first month, that may not seem like much but two pounds a week is actually a healthy weight loss number.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• green soup~make a big batch with chicken stock and drink a cup for a snack or meal~full of minerals and you start to crave it and then of course it is good with cheese and toast of all sorts and wine~

google the real version but you wilt shallots, leeks, broc', asperagus and then spinach with salt and olive oil and then chicken stock....just to wilt and then you blend the soup up and cool it to store...only 60 cals a cup.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:29 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Find some low-calorie breakfast and lunch options for you, and lower-calorie dinner options for everyone. Watch your portion sizes, have healthy snacks ready when you need something between meals, and have patience. The weight will come off.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:46 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• watch your portion sizes,try your best to eat healthy,even if it's on the go,get something healthy off the menu,watch your calories. Drink alot of water. If your able to plan ahead,even make and freeze your meals..
    mamaof0304

Answer by mamaof0304 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• If you can stick to it Slim Fast. Yes it is a "diet" and definately should not be done long term but it's super easy. Just stick a shake and a couple of snacks in your purse and make sure you have water and your good to go.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 11:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2010