If your done haveing kids, when did you know? did you just feel done?

I have two boys and the are great! They are healthy and make me happy! But I don't feel done, I want more at least two more I think. I don't care if they are boys or girls....I just don't feel done! will I ever feel done? my family tells me I should be happy with what I have and stop!

Becnfamily

Asked by Becnfamily at 11:02 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• We stopped at two because we knew we could not afford any more. If you and your SO want and can afford more then do what is right for you. It is a private decision for you and him to make.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:05 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• You do what's right for you...I thought I wanted more after my 2 boys but then I went to visit a good friend in the hospital after she had her baby and when I held that baby I felt nothing...i knew then that i didn't want more...my two kids still don't sleep through the night and I am always tired and cranky...I just can't add another to this mix...I'm too tired
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I think that you should stop when you are ready to stop. As long as your hubby and you agree on more children, and can afford them, the sky is the limit!!! Big families make great memories, especially during the Holiday season... and it also helps the children with people skills they will use throughout their lives... :)
    Grotezus

Answer by Grotezus at 11:05 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• We just knew when our son was born, he completed our family. We both knew that one child has numerous perks: No more diapers, no more sleeplesss nights, traveling when we get the urge, no working around nap times, etc. My son is learning people skills simply by being around people. I did not learn people skills from my brothers and sister. I learned by interacting with the people in the world through life experience. Plus, I have no relationship with my siblings. They are overrated for me.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I know how you feel, OP. My DH and I are considering one more. I'm nervous, because I will have to have a c-section (due to a classic incision with my first), but I don't feel "done" yet. I know how you're feeling, because my family says I shouldn't have any more either... but its mine and my husbands decision... just as it is with you. If you and your DH are ready, then I say go for it.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I definitely feel "done". I did not after my daughter was born, but then I got pregnant with my son and I am done. I don't want to risk another c-section and I just don't want to spend the rest of my adult life changing diapers. I felt "done" with him.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:02 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I have a 9 year old and ever since I had him I thought I was done....well, in the last couple months I've changed my mind and totally want more kids- now all I need is a great man!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• We currently have an almost 8 yr old, a 4 1/2 year old and a 2 yr old. We have ALWAYS wanted to have 4 even when so many people suggested we be done! So many think it is crazy for us to want more
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Both of mine were c-sections and I know if we have more they will be c-sections too, not happy about it but if thats what I have to do to have more then so be it :)
    Becnfamily

Comment by Becnfamily (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2010