Would you let a 6 year old and 9 year old watch Ren and Stimpy?

The show is available on Netflix, it was one of my favorite shows growing up. We don't allow our kids to watch a lot of shows like Adventure time, Family Guy, The Simpsons, etc.

But they watch Spongebob, it is their favorite. I don't see how Ren and Stimpy is worse than Spongebob. What is your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Entertainment

• Well if you don't mind letting them hear "stupid idiot" every few seconds, go ahead. I was probably about 10-12 when Ren and Stimpy came out
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• omg no that show was HORRIBLE! there was one episode the chihuahua (i forget which he is) was reading a magazine called Corn and had corns on it but was glggling misheviosuly like he was reading porn. theres a reason they brought it to late night commedy central! now rocko's modern life is a good one :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:21 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Do you want to hear the kids singing......HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY ...all the time.....or " Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Rennnnnnnnnnnn?"

Stimpy was the cat..Renn was the Chihuahua.....I think its more for the teenagers...older teens!

I think they were gross......Renn and Stimpy cause of the trash, eating of weird stuff......Sponge Bob has its moments too....

I admit I watched it back in the '90s when it was out..........but I was 30 something......my son would repeat their sayings and drive me nuts! He is 6 and repeats things he hears in passing on the TV changing channels as it is!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 12:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No, my kids have never watched them.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I say No as well. My dh is 53, he LOVED that show as an adult, I did as a teen but for littler kids? No, I don't think its a great one.
    NEMommaOf3

Answer by NEMommaOf3 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Nope..made that mistake & no I am paying for it
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yeah probably, I loved that show. I had happy happy joy joy on a mix cd I made my daughter and she loved it.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 6:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• nope i would not
    dakotachrismom

Answer by dakotachrismom at 10:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2010