Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

13 month old just ate baking soda....

is it going to hurt her? I just had to go to the bathroom and thought she was playing in her room...well, she was but had dumped a box of baking soda all over it and had it around her mouth... i doubt she ate much but just want to make sure it doesnt hurt her. Thanks!

Answer Question

Asked by cpuckett27 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 4 (33 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Call poison control and ask. Get number from 411.

    Answer by elizabr at 11:25 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

  • I'd just give her liquids. The most it will do is relieve her gas! My x used to take it for gas.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:26 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

  • it tastes bad, I doubt she ate much. Just give her extra fluids to combat the sodium, she is fine.

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:38 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

  • Make sure she gets enough liquids for the next day or two--she may be more thirsty than usual, since it contains a lot of sodium. Do call poison control and ask, just to be sure.

    Answer by SWasson at 11:39 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

  • I would call either her doctor or poison control, but I doubt it will hurt her.

    Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:50 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

  • It's good to keep the poison control number handy or memorize it. 1-800-222-1222

    Answer by pam19 at 4:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.