Do you ever get over a cheating spouse?

I know time heals all wounds, and you begin to forgive, but do you really ever forget? Do you really ever trust again?

justme19641964

Asked by justme19641964 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think you completely do. I don't think you ever forget. The relationship is changed, for better or worse, but never the same.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• personally NO I don't think I could ever truly trust them again....I would find my self wondering all the time!
    Becnfamily

Answer by Becnfamily at 11:31 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I don't think one can ever really get over it. I think once you break someones trust, then its done.
    LogansMamma0511

Answer by LogansMamma0511 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• You never forget, but in time you can learn to trust again.
    Stephalpha

Answer by Stephalpha at 11:38 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• no i would neva forget and i would always think he was cheatin

honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Not completely.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• it takes alot of prayer and determination to give up the hurt and the pain of what occurred in your marriage. However when you think of God's unconditional love for us this will become smaller and smaller until it's not even there and before you know it you have moved on and you have done it with the love of God.Which brings peace that surpasses all understanding.
    Tylee7

Answer by Tylee7 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Your never forget therefore you can never really forgive and the only way the marriage can repair itself is all up to you by you swallowing your pride, dignity and respect and let him know that you are his doormat for him to treat like shit and now that you've forgiven him, he now has full faith that he can hurt you over and over again and you will take it. The trust never, ever comes back because every time you start feeling a little trust in him or the relationship, it's actually to your benefit to remember what happened and not trust him so either you don't get hurt again or it's not that big a shock to your system when he does do it again and believe me, he will hurt you again.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yes, you can. I have. It took time and understanding. And a big change on his part. But I can honestly say, yes, we are stronger now then we were back then and I do trust him again.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 3:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2010