Play off of my judgement question...

Let's try this. For the next 24 hours look at people and keep an open mind. Don't judge them. Think of them as a person. Think of them as a human. Try it let me know how it works.
This is how I operate, when I look at people I do not think "oh they let them selves go, or why not wash your clothes... I look with curiosity and keep my mind blank from judgment"...
Let me know how it works for you.... I do it all the time.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Religious Debate

• me too!

Answer by older at 11:34 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I try not to be judgmental too! I do not want my children to grow up that way!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Keep an open mind and heart it helps.
    mmmegan38

Comment by mmmegan38 (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I really try to do this, but sometimes it's hard. However, it's always something I strive for.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:45 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I do this.. I look through the eyes of Jesus and ask Him what does HE see and He shows me and wow the beauty he has shown me in people knocks my socks off every time! He does not ever ever look at the messy person but at His perfect creation that is already there because of His sacrifice on the Cross. Does He address sin ? Absolutely but He does it in a way that we come to that conclusion ourselves, He guides and leads and LOVES with AMAZING grace and because of this many become set free! When we learn to love one another as Jesus does people come radically into a place of healing and freedom!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yeah, I lost $50 to this nice, clean-cut-looking kid who came to my door selling orange juice as a cleaner, by keeping an open mind and avoiding pre-judgement. I think I'll keep my suspicious nature on-line for the moment, thanks. LOL
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:54 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• lol, you picked the area I judge most in.. when I see someone walking down the streets it's hard not to judge their appearance, since their appearance is my lively hood. When I see someone disheveled I want to pull them aside and give them the make over they deserve. It's hard not too look at someone and say, "oh this hair cut would look sooo much better", or " I love her style and would love to work with her hair because it's beautiful".

BUT I see what you are trying to say, lol. But make up and hair can always be changed, who they are as a person can not and should never be changed. I respect everyone who is true to their selves (so long as it doesnt' hurt others). And that I think is what should matter most.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:54 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Awesome idea, although I honestly have to admit it may be difficult. Humans always judge even if they say they don't mean to.
    Leaders of all countries of the world should try it sometimes, especially the people in US goverment, newly elected or previous ones and those who vote for them.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 1:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I do try to do this and I am getting better at it. hazeldove, I wouldn't really see that as "Judgemental" because you are going about it in a way to enhance the person rather than degrade the person..if that makes sense. Now if you went up to them and said your hair looks ugly like that, there would be a problem. I actually would appreciate someone doing that for me because i have no idea how to go about imporving those things, lol :) Anyway, it's all about how we go about it. As long as it's done in love and not "judgement." Also, judgement is different than discernment. Discernment is a really good ability/trait to have.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 3:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• lol kittieashy, It would depend on the person. Some people you need to coax them into it, show them why certain things would look better, other's need a more direct approach. Like my mom, I coax into getting her to try new cuts and styles, but with my good friend, I'll be completely blunt with her as she is with me. If I think a style looks horrible on her, I'll tell her flat out, lol. But I do it because I love her as a friend and expect the same honesty back. lol. (she's a stylist too).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2010