Who do you agree with?

Obama calls for limits on earmarks...Pubs call for an out right ban? Who do you think is right?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101113/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_congress
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• All out ban.......and money grows on trees and all politicians tell the truth 100% of the time, and if we all click our heels 3 times all of our problems will suddenly be solved. Words mean nothing-actions count.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'd be interested to know what Obama considers to be a "limit!!" He certainly hasn't shown much restraint in the past two years!! :o(
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yeah, I agree LK. I think "limit" leaves a lot open for interpretation. "Well, we didn't do it on the last bill, so let's do it on this one." I can so see that happening, and instead of limiting they just jack that bill up with earmarks because they didn't do it the last time. I think they just need to outright ban earmarks.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I agree with a ban. This is crisis time. Actually, it's been crisis time but we haven't been acting like it.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Any earmarks could easily be banned...just don't ask for them. No law needs to be passed. All it would take is an agreement...but it will never happen because it is bs. earmarks will never go away. How many people vote for a representative because they brough fed money in for much needed projects? We can talk earmark all we want...until the voters refuse to elect reps that bring money to the state they will never go away.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Obama can't ban earmarks entirely... he owes too many favors to people.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 1:02 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I want a 2 yr ban and then a correction in how it's done. No more sneaking things in or stupid wasteful projects that are basically bribes and favors.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• The repubs. I also think they need to ban these huge omnibus bills. Stop stuffing the bill with every little thing. If you have to take more votes.....so be it. At least you are giving each measure some sort of attention. And, ban all earmarks. They are the epitome of special interest.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 14, 2010