Breastfeeding Moms...what was your first post partum period like? And was the first post partum period the same with subsaquent children?

I nursed my DD for 2 years and started my first post partum period with her when she was 14 months old. It was the WORST period I've ever had. I went through 3 LARGE boxes of tampons and could barely function because I was so weak from bleeding so heavy. Plus the cramps were HORRID.

This time I'm nursing my 16 month old DS. My period started yesterday and so far it's been pretty light. I've really only had to change my tampons because of the amount time I'd had them in and not because I felt like they were full. Now I'm SO NOT complaining about having a better experience this time...

I'm just kind of worried that somethings wrong.

Is is normal for the first post partum period to be lighter with subsaquent children? Even after 16 months of nothing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I only had one; breastfed for 23 months. I had my first period at 8 weeks post partum. For the first time ever, I had no cramps, much lighter periods, and regular, 28 day cycles.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Wow your lucky to not got your period so long, I got mine about 6 in a half 7 months. It was light then the next month was kinda heavy. It took a few months to even out and get completley back to normal.
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2010