does anyone co-sleep with thier kids or did you when they were little?

we have two boys ages 3 and 10 months we co-sleep with the 3 yr old because he wants to. It doesn't bug us but it drives our families crazy.......is it so wrong? also we didn't start co-sleeping with him til he was almost 2yrs old (he was really sick and would stop breathing so I brought him to bed with us so I could keep an eye on him) now he wants to stay with us! My 10 mont old sleeps in a crib in our room too!

Becnfamily

Asked by Becnfamily at 11:50 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• We bed share with DD. She's 5 months. She naps in her crib some times. But it's just easier to nurse in the same bed. I'm sure she wont still sleep in our bed when she's 17. We'll move her to her room some time. Not concerned.

My mom freaked out. She said we would crush her. She said all kinds of accusatory awful stuff.

People tend to think that parents who do it a different way are screwing up their children. Different does not equal screwed up.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:53 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• my twin boys r 3 and we all co sleep together
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 11:54 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• yeah i did with both my sons but when i bought them bunk beds they were so happy and i just made bedtime happier because i would then go in their room and sit and talk with them until they went to sleep. It worked but it was time consuming. I eventually got my bed back lol.
    Tylee7

Answer by Tylee7 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My Husband and I co-slept with Our Son from the day We came home from the hospital until He was 3 months old (after that, We kept His bed next to Ours until He was 6 months). He would sleep with Us a lot when He was two, two and a half..finally broke Him of that and He hasn't slept in Our bed for several months now. However, I have fallen asleep in His bed a couple of times when snuggling with Him. lol.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:55 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I co-sleep with my 1yr old. I have a queen bed and it's just the 2 of us. I always slept with him because when he was little he had to sleep sitting up so I help him and stay up with him.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• We did when my son was a baby because we had no crib, he still does every once in a while. My DD has a habit of waking up in the middle of the night and crawling in bed with me. My DH works late so hes not in bed with us and I don't mind. In a few years she'll most likely out grow it and won't do it anymore, my son is 4 1/2 and DD is 3.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My ex- husband and I co-slept with our oldest daughter from age 2 till age 4. I'm not sure how it started, but it was definitely hard to stop.
    Stephalpha

Answer by Stephalpha at 12:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No we did not. I BF even. I would just get up out of bed to nurse him. Too paranoid we would roll over on him b/c we are both pretty heavy sleepers. Plus, at the end of the day....I just want to spend some alone time with my husband. (:
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• We co-slept with all three kids as infants- it was just easier when it came to nursing and me getting sleep. Around age two they all moved into their own rooms. At that point we are still responsive at night but it's in their room and not ours... my two older kids share a room and we never hear a peep out of them at night. My three year old still sometimes calls in the wee hours of the morning and then one of us will crawl into bed with her for the last hour or so before morning. It's not a big issue so we've never tried to break her of the habit. In the new year she is going to be moving into a room with her sister and I think it will probably stop naturally at that point.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• With DS #1, we coslept until he turned 2, he is now almost 3. He was just switching to a big boy bed and it seemed like good timing. He stopped cosleeping naturally at that point. occasionally however my DH or I will fall asleep in his bed though when we are cuddling at bed time. With DS #2 he is still cosleeping because he is only a month old and I am nursing right now, we will probably do pretty much the same thing with him that we did with DS #1, when he is done nursing and ready to switch to a big boy bed we will transition him into a room with his big brother....
    charmed20023

Answer by charmed20023 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2010